Thursday, June 9, 2011

unfinished 1

I stand in a field, body swaying with the wheat. The sky looks down on me and tells me to relax.

Hours pass, I asked shyfully if it might possibly be alright for me to lay down;
Although I am aware that the consequence of this action will leave several of my wheat friends impaired.
But my legs are hurting, and my feet are burning, and my lids keep closing, and I can't stand steadily.

They agree immediately, break themselves, and lay flat for me. A tear swirls down, hitting the ground with an intensity not found on a regular basis.
Only then do I truly understand the consequences of my actions, and see what I have actually done to those that I love.
The ground starts to sink down, and then starts to open, and I can feel the presence of my lost wheat friends, and they beacon, and I follow them in.

I flow in a current that cannot be seen, that is not of water, or of earth or wind, and the presence of my friends lingers and swims and then, they are gone, and I am lost again.

Suddenly I wake, not aware that I had even drifted off, and find myself in a large cavern filled with a small lake.

The water dances methodically over the surfaces, entrancing me, making me feel as if I have never understood anything that has ever been presented to me, and my wheat friends come back, and I cry for them. I made a rash decision that took more than I would have ever bargained for.
I lay back and let the water take me, and as I sink below the swirling surface I find that I can still breathe.

When I reach the bottom I sit in silence, and let the blue depth take over my mind, swirling thoughts through generations of lost thoughts lead to the

No comments:

Post a Comment